Check out what we're studying in ART!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another new, work of art, inspirational apron for my collection:)


Just stoppin' in to share one of my new aprons. I love getting fun aprons for my students to look at and enjoy, but also it protects my semi nice clothes:) It just adds that fun factor. This apron I discovered made by another artist in Valley Junction historical area of Des Moines, IA. A few ladies who are friends are also artists and made a painting on canvas, then added some fun trimmings to sew this apron. I loved the bright colors and personality it has. I stopped by their shop,"Fuss it Up! Designs" and they were so excited I wanted to buy a piece of their art. True artists are always excited when a piece of who they are, strike a cord with others and make a connection. I have other hilarious aprons too. I should just take pictures of all of them and show you. That might get boring...I don't know...but enjoy!









Oh and what's more fun than a plain, full body armored paint smock...............A TIE DYE PAINT SMOCK! I call it my 'tarp'. Because it can completely cover me from a paint massacre! Becky Brandt my student teacher gave this to me as a gift. It's amazing and now added to my fun collection of cover ups (aprons etc.).



Claudia Monet approves as Shantel says!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Kati! Just wanted to let you know the name of the fabulous artist who made the top apron from Fuss It Up! Designs in Valley Junction...
    Her name is Angela Meijer and her blog is http://angelameijer.blogspot.com...
    Amazing blog... just followed you!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee! I remember you were there when I stopped in. Fabulous. Thank you!! I will check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This is so fun! I love your blog, and loved meeting you at Fuss It Up!

    ReplyDelete